San Francisco’s parks are filled with many issues to do! In this San Francisco Travel Guide we’ll cowl the highest 5 parks you want to go to together with the Maritime National Historical Park, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, The Presidio and at last Alamo Square.
Hi, I’m Michael Johnson with Film Compass, be a part of me as we speak as we uncover all the perfect parks of San Francisco.
00:14 Maritime Park
01:09 Twin Peaks
01:51 Golden Gate Park
02:58 Alamo Square
1. Maritime National Historical Park – this park is considered one of San Francisco’s finest saved swimming holes. You can really swim right here because the waters are extremely calm.
Take a stroll alongside the Aquatic Park Pier to get a greater view of the Aquatic Park Cove and the large ship Balclutha that resides there. You may try the Maritime museum that options miniature fashions and artifacts from San Francisco’s older days.
Not removed from the Maritime Park is Ghirardelli Square the place you possibly can feast on chocolate sundaes and stroll by way of the numerous retailers and eating places that embody the sq.. It’s onerous to cross up this park as a result of it has so many issues to do close by.
2. Twin Peaks – Next up now we have my favourite view of the complete metropolis discovered at Twin Peaks. The stroll up to this large hill that stands at 922 ft above town isn’t to be missed. It isn’t very steep and will be performed pretty rapidly.
On your stroll up you’ll see quite a lot of bikers and scooter riders in addition to loads of alternatives to take images. Once you attain the highest you’ll head to Christmas Tree Point the place you possibly can look by way of the telescopes to get a greater view of town skyline within the distance.
From Twin Peaks you possibly can see Golden Gate Bridge, downtown Oakland and lots of the different parks we’re masking on this video. Twin Peaks is 64 acres with loads of issues to do together with climbing and having fun with Noe Peak.
3. Golden Gate Park – also called San Francisco’s largest park, Golden Gate Park has so many actions. The park even has bison! My first cease and advice for this park situated close to interior and outer sundown is to try the Steinhart Aquarium.
This aquarium is filled with unique fish you’ll normally see proper off of California’s coast. Next head to the Japanese Tea Garden to benefit from the small miniature bridges and koi ponds that encircle this place. The tea backyard is nice for the entire household and solely prices about $12 for adults.
Further into the park you’ve got Stow Lake, Spreckels Lake, the Dutch windmills and Ocean Beach on the very finish.
4. Presidio of San Francisco – the Presidio is filled with trails and historic fields like Crissy Field that when used to be an previous military air base. There is a lot historical past right here you might keep busy for days. My favourite place within the Presidio is Lovers Lane Trail and the scenic Andy Goldsworthy Woodline that spans about .6 miles by way of a tall Eucalyptus tree forest.
The Presidio even has it’s personal golf course and if you happen to’re a Disney fan you possibly can try the Walt Disney Family Museum. Other locations you need to examine within the Presidio embody Golden Gate Beach, Baker Beach and California Coastal Trail that handed the big batteries that when protected the coast.
5. Alamo Square Park – Last on the checklist is that this park and the well-known Painted Ladies. These homes are well-known for his or her structure however there’s different issues to do at Alamo Square than simply stare at homes.
Many folks come right here to benefit from the tennis courtroom, canine play space and playground. Alamo Square is considered one of my favourite parks to go to as a result of the backdrop of town skyline within the background is gorgeous.