Pet Friendly Hotels Guide – Tips for Traveling With Your Pet and Choosing the Right Hotel
Your furry friends are a part of the family, so you don’t want to leave them behind when going on a trip. Whether it’s a business trip or vacation, it’s essential that you stay at a place that is comfortable and safe for them. Fortunately, there are a quite a few pet friendly hotels to choose from. Even in locations off-the-beaten-path, there’s probably an establishment or two that allows pets.
That said, not all pet-friendly motels and hotels are the same. While it’s not uncommon for them to charge fees, those fees aren’t all the same.
Here are a few things you should do before settling on accommodation for you and your pet:
• Do research on restrictions and fees. Compare not only the fee, but the overall hotel rates and taxes as well. If you’re traveling with a large dog, which hotel will be likely to accommodate your needs the most? Some have weight and size restrictions.
• If possible, try to book a room on the first floor so you won’t have to disturb guests in the elevators or walk up and down steps with your pet. Staying on the first floor also makes it easier for you to take the animal out a few times a day for “bathroom” breaks.
• Speaking of which, make sure you understand where the designated bathroom areas will be. Any hotel will expect you to clean up after your pet. For cats, be sure to pack some disposable litter boxes. Keep them in the bathroom under the sink. If your cat sheds, pack sheets from home and cover the hotel room furniture.
• Consider staying at a pet friendly hotel that offers special in-room amenities just for your four legged friend. Some hotel chains offer things like water bowls, piddle pads, and even pet beds. A couple of chains that offer special pet amenities include Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels, and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
• If you’re traveling to a major city that’s popular with tourists, try to choose a resort that isn’t right next to busy streets and crowds. You don’t want your pet to get nervous by all the loud noise. When comparing options, look at a map to find out exactly where each hotel is located.
A List of Some Pet Friendly Hotels
In addition to those mentioned above, here are some more hotels that allow pets:
• Ace Hotel
• La Quinta
• Best Western
• Loews Hotels and Resorts
• Red Roof Inn
• Hotel Indigo
• Clarion Inns & Suites
• Econo Lodge
• Holiday Inn
• Comfort Inn
There are other pet friendly hotels. These are just some of the more popular ones that you might want to check out.