Advertising on the web is one of the most important ways to promote your vacation home rental property. To get the most out of your advertising dollar and get the most exposure you must advertise on multiple web sites. Failure to do so will eventually result in your bookings falling off; Remember that there is increasing competition on the market for vacation homes as vacationers drift towards private rentals instead of hotels.
So how can promoting your vacation home increase bookings? Simply, multiple listings can do the following:
1. Increase the number of hits your listing will get as more web sites exposes your listing to a wider audience. The type of prospective clients will also expand as different web sites cater to different types of vacationers. There is no shortage of web sites that list vacation home properties, so do your homework and select those that best suit your needs.
2. Increase the odds of your listing being seen even during the off-peak season. That will keep your property name in front of prospective renters all the time.
3. The cost of advertising online is drastically less than any other means of advertising, so multiple listings will improve your bookings without significantly eating into your profit margin.
4. Web sites that offer listing services will ensure that their web site is submitted to search engines and that their web pages are SEO (search engine optimized).
5. Each web site will no doubt have different features which will work in its own unique way to attract visitors to your individual listing.
As with anything else to do with your vacation home rental, do the necessary research. Go with sites that get lots of unique visitors per day, which are reliable, and have a good reputation. If you choose to advertise on sites that are often offline you will not be getting value for your money. Also companies that are known to be unprofessional will also give the impression that you are also unprofessional.
Other factors to look at so as to maximize your exposure when listing your vacation home include choosing only sites that are user-friendly. If prospective renters find it difficult to navigate a web site they will not stay. The web site should also specifically target vacationers in the country or region in which your vacation property is located.
The main disadvantages of multiple web site listings include:
1. Finding the time to manage multiple listings
2. Remembering multiple log-on details for many accounts
3. Keeping track of which listings are working and those which are not working
Multiple listings do not necessarily have to be on sites that you pay to be listed on. You can have link exchanges with other companies or individuals who offer complementary services to yours, example, and a car rental agency. Do not ignore the use of your own web site or websites to help promote your vacation rental home.
It is recommended by the experts that vacation home rentals should be listed on as many sites as possible, but do not do so at the risk of spending unwisely or using ineffective web sites.