Etihad Airways has unveiled its exciting Summer 24 schedule, highlighting its ambitious growth plans.
Highlights of the network upgrades, which are already on sale, include new nonstop flights to Nice on the French Riviera and direct flights to the Greek holiday islands of Mykonos and Santorini.
Since guests have responded well to Etihad’s new flights to Copenhagen, they have made the destination year-round.
The schedule improves connection by adding more frequencies across the network to destinations such as Ahmedabad, Athens, Bangkok, and Colombo.
“Our exciting summer schedule reinforces our commitment to growth, giving our customers the European and Asian destinations, frequencies, and timings that suit them,” said Antonoaldo Neves, CEO of Etihad Airways.
“It also allows us to attract more visitors to Abu Dhabi to promote the expansion of tourism in our wonderful home. “We are increasing our capacity for international destinations and adding new destinations, like Nice on the Cote d’Azur, allowing our guests to enjoy even more fantastic travel experiences. Our schedule also makes stopping in Abu Dhabi easier and enjoying our exhilarating and welcoming home.”
Highlights of the improved schedule include:
- Athens, Greece, sees an increase to 12 flights a week from May and 14 from July.
- Recently launched Copenhagen, Denmark is made a year-round destination.
- Malaga Spain will enjoy a three-weekly service for Summer 2024.
- Mykonos, Greece, will be served by two flights per week during the summer, with Santorini, Greece, also getting two weekly flights.
- Nice, France, will be served by two non-stop weekly services from June 2024.
- Bangkok, Thailand will benefit from three more flights a week from February to 17 services a week
- Colombo, Sri Lanka, enjoys a frequency increase to 10 weekly flights from January, rising to 14 from May, and an adjusted schedule for even better connectivity to European destinations.
The new summer schedule follows the announcement of additional destinations for 2024, which include Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram in the Indian Subcontinent, Boston in North America, and Nairobi in East Africa.
Etihad Airways is committed to growing its network and has reaffirmed its intention to add several more destinations over the coming year.
The new timings and frequencies allow passengers to enjoy Abu Dhabi’s stopover hotels and visitor attractions until their check-out time, fulfilling Etihad’s vision of being the airline everyone wants to fly.